Are you passionate about ending violence against African women and girls?
FORWARD the UK’s leading African led organisation working to end female genital mutilation (FGM) and other forms of violence against African women and girls, is recruiting community volunteers (women and men) for our new European project which aims to improve the prevention, protection and support of migrant women affected by these issues.
Can you answer yes to the following?
• You are over 18 years old?
• You are motivated and available to co-facilitate
group outreach activities and translate in one-to-one
• You are ready to engage in a project tackling the
different forms of violence against women and girls?
• You come from a country that is affected by female
genital mutilation (FGM)?
• You have the correct travel documents to travel to
• You speak fluently a foreign language in addition to
• You are able to write in English?
• You live in London or Bristol?
What do we offer?
• Free and participative training on the different
forms of violence against women and girls, on
communication and community mobilization
• The opportunity to participate in a European meeting
of community volunteers in Spain in October 2019
and network with other people from your community
• Individual guidance and supervision support
• Transport costs to attend training will be reimbursed
• Reimbursement of travel costs related to outreach
• Volunteer allowance for community outreach activities
after the training
To apply: If you are interested, join our team of volunteers by sending us a letter of motivation by Friday 22nd February to: [email protected] outlining how you meet the recruitment criteria. For more information contact Yvette ([email protected]) Tel: 0208 960 4000