Join us as we explore critical safeguarding issues within the African community in the UK. We’ll hear from a panel of experts before small group discussions exploring issues including:
- How can we safeguard children from abuse?
- What impact have “mandatory reporting” and FGM Protection Orders had?
- What support services are needed for communities affected by multiple abuses?
- The impact of FGM on survivor’s mental health?
- How community champions can evidence their work ion community engagement
The keynote speaker will be Councillor Wesley Harcourt, London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham
Guest speakers include:
- Layla Ismail, Manager, Refugee Women of Bristol
- Evelyn Mathai, Community Psychiatric Nurse
- Sarian Kamara, Community Development/ FGM Activists
- Sanjit Nagi, Infringement
There’ll be a screening Uncomfortable Conversations: Letter to My Husband, a short film produced by FORWARD and light refreshments will be served.
Register for free on Eventbrite
or email [email protected]
or call 0208 960 4000 Ext 12
32 Woodfield Road
London, W9 2BE