Reports to: Executive Director
Responsible for: UK and Africa Programmes
Salary: £ 31,610 – £35,500 pro rata
Hours: 28 hours/week
FORWARD is an African-led, women’s rights organisation. Our work focuses on the issues of Female Genital Mutilation (FGM), child marriage, and other forms of Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG) that impact on the health, dignity and well being of African women and girls. We work for the day when African women enjoy equal rights and opportunities, have control over their own bodies and are free from violence. To achieve this, we work with community members, key professionals, policymakers, and through strategic networks and partnerships.
FORWARD is seeking an experienced and committed Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager who will work with the UK and Africa programme team to enable, improve and promote a culture of evidence based planning, programme design, implementation and reporting within FORWARD.
- You will provide leadership in capturing and measuring outcomes and results and will help communicate and disseminate learning from our interventions.
- You will lead on knowledge management, research, designing FORWARD’s MEL framework for all programmes.
- You will ensure that programmes have the tools, capacity, and systems to collate evidence and validate progress.
- You will provide technical support and capacity development to staff and FORWARD partners, as well as assess organisational outcomes and impact.
- You will contribute to the overall strategic development of the organisation as a core member of the Senior Management Team.
As part of the recruitment and selection process FORWARD may undertake DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) checks where appropriate for all individuals who will work directly with children and vulnerable adults.
We are committed to welcoming people from diverse backgrounds, cultures and experiences. FORWARD considers being female a Genuine Occupational Requirement for this post under the Equality Act 2010.
Closing date: 2nd November 2017 and Interview date: 14th November 2017
Please state this reference in your application: MELM 2017
Due to the volume of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are sorry we are unable to reply to all submissions.