FORWARD’s Hidden Scars exhibition opens this Friday at the Darnley Gallery and will run for two weeks until 15th December. The exhibition explores harmful practices such as female genital mutilation and similar issues affecting African girls and women, both in Africa and in the global African diaspora. The exhibition aims to highlight the physical and mental trauma suffered by many women due to these practices, the art inspires hope, focuses on the strength of survival and celebrates African girls and women.
The original artwork and prints of artwork displayed in the exhibition are available to purchase as part of our Artists Unite to End FGM project: click here to view the shop.
Artwork is available from from 9 female artists:
- Phillipa Kate Weaver:www.philippakate.com
- Fio Adamson: www.fio-adamson.com
- Farida Makki: www.instagram.com/farida_makki_art/?hl=en
- Iris Legendre: http://irislegendre.com/
- Aga Tamiola: www.agatamiola.com
- Sarrah El-Bushra: https://sarrahelbushra.wordpress.com/
- Linett Kamala: https://linettkamala.com/
- Gloria Ojulari Sule: www.gloriaojularisule.com